smartphone audio system

Androidio

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Does anyone know how the audio subsystem works, or know where I can find schematics for it on a typical Android phone?

I want to know how the " sound card " in my phone works. How does the CPU address? What part of it handles voice communications and what part handles multimedia?
Do phones have a signal processing stage, like in a PCI sound card or is all Code/decode handled by the main CPU?

I want to see the whole rig, from the I/O line to the CPU to the decoder and preamp all the way to the final output; both for the telephone circuitry and the multimedia speaker

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Does anyone know how the audio subsystem works, or know where I can find schematics for it on a typical Android phone?

I want to know how the " sound card " in my phone works. How does the CPU address? What part of it handles voice communications and what part handles multimedia?
Do phones have a signal processing stage, like in a PCI sound card or is all Code/decode handled by the main CPU?

I want to see the whole rig, from the I/O line to the CPU to the decoder and preamp all the way to the final output; both for the telephone circuitry and the multimedia speaker
Google the word Teardown with what ever model phone you have. A good Teardown article should show you the major subsystem hardware.