Sinusoidal Variable Frequency Oscillator in a small Circuit? Is there a simple way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsoutherly

Joined Apr 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm a Mechanical Engineering student with quite limited electrical knowledge trying to design a circuit.
That's probably my first problem..

Anyway, I am making a simple FM transmitter circuit. But instead of having one oscillating frequency, i need it to produce a oscillating carrier wave that sweeps from 88Mhz - 110 Mhz about once per second.

My goal is to produce a simple FM transmitter circuit that will sound a 'blip' to ALL the available FM frequencies every second.

I have been thinking maybe a sweep generator is needed or frequency synthesiser?? I have no idea. I just figured someone must have already made some sort of oscillator that could to this haha.

Any help would be incredible,
Tom

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Do you have a licence to transmit in that frequency band? A sweep like that will interfere with other people's radios and be detectable by the authorities!

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
A sine wave will produce longer blips at the low and high ends of the band and shorter ones in the middle. To put the same energy into each broadcast FM channel, you ideally want a triangle wave rather than a sine wave. One LM358 dual opamp can do this; it is the core of many simple function generator circuits. One opamp is an integrator and one is a comparator.

Note that a varicap's response to a control current is non-linear, as is its effect on a tuned circuit's resonant frequency. But its best to start with the "correct" modulating waveform and go from there.

ak

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
This is a topic we are not allowed to discuss here according to the User Agreement.

1. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
◦ Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
◦ Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
◦ LEDs to mains
◦ Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
◦ Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
◦ Transformer-less power supplies
2. If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.