Single-engine drone

Furkanyildiz

Joined Jan 13, 2023
Hello, we have a drone engine. With this engine, we want to make a drone with the single propeller that you saw in the photo and the number of channels that we can only take off and then bring down. I liked this product with an Internet sale price of 3-4 dollars at the time, and now I can't find it. Can anyone tell me how I can do it , with all the details. I'm a beginner in electronics.

1678576102628.png

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
That is a single channel radio controlled helicopter not a drone. A drone has autonomous control.
This is a very complex project. I have many years of experience building and flying electric and gas powered radio controlled models of all types and I would hesitate to try to build something like that without doing an awful lot of designing, experimenting and testing first. The craft has contra-rotating airscrews consisting of the propeller at the bottom and the fan blades built into the body.
I recommend that you try making something much more simple and conventional first, like a powered glider to gain some experience.
Use a regular radio control system. They are far too complex for a beginner to design and build.

Furkanyildiz

Joined Jan 13, 2023
That is a single channel radio controlled helicopter not a drone. A drone has autonomous control.
This is a very complex project. I have many years of experience building and flying electric and gas powered radio controlled models of all types and I would hesitate to try to build something like that without doing an awful lot of designing, experimenting and testing first. The craft has contra-rotating airscrews consisting of the propeller at the bottom and the fan blades built into the body.
I recommend that you try making something much more simple and conventional first, like a powered glider to gain some experience.
Use a regular radio control system. They are far too complex for a beginner to design and build.
Thank you.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
AliExpress sold an SG F22 radio controlled jet airplane (two motors with propellers) last summer that still might be available.
Its controller allowed it to fly fast or slow outdoors and do loops and rolls. One button allows it to hover and you can make it move anywhere or turn around indoors or outdoors. It is cheap so its brushed motors do not last long. Here is a photo of it hovering indoors:

Attachments

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
If the propeller is alone, then how to make a torque balance? Even if there is two blades on single shaft, they are never identical enough to give a perfect rotationlessness of the machine bigger body, thus the horisontal axis servopropeller is mandatory. All the idea of quadrucopter is that two blades right and two other blades left may be controlled be appreciated in absolute balance. Thus, drone with one helicopter blade is theoretically impossible.

Last edited:

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
If the propeller is alone, then how to make a torque balance? Even if there is two baldes on single shaft, they are never identical enough to give a perfect rotationlessness of the machine bigger body, thus the horisontal axis servopropeller is mandatory. All the idea of quadrucopter is that two blades right and two other blades left may be controlled be appreciated in absolute balance. Thus, drone with one helicopter blade is theoretically impossible.
This doesn't need torque balance as per a conventional helicopter with bi-directional rotors or a single rotor and a horiziontal stabilzing rotor. Here the prop rotates clockwise (looking from top), generating lift and the body counter-rotates at a slower rate due to increased angular momentum (1/2 m r^2) and also generates lift. Whats not clear is how you steer it - I'm guessing the prop is mounted on a gimbal so its downward thrust vector can be aligned off vertical slightly, generating a small horizontal vector. Limited by physical spacing and stability considerations.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
This doesn't need torque balance as per a conventional helicopter with bi-directional rotors or a single rotor and a horiziontal stabilzing rotor. Here the prop rotates clockwise (looking from top), generating lift and the body counter-rotates at a slower rate due to increased angular momentum (1/2 m r^2) and also generates lift. Whats not clear is how you steer it - I'm guessing the prop is mounted on a gimbal so its downward thrust vector can be aligned off vertical slightly, generating a small horizontal vector. Limited by physical spacing and stability considerations.
It is a single channel toy. It does not steer. It just goes up and down.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How boring... my inner kid wouldn't be satisfied with that, nor would my 6yo grandson! :D
Lots of toys (and more than a few not-toys) fall in that category -- they look cool, due to the packaging or the marketing, but only provide a few hours (or minutes) of mild entertainment before ending up at the back of the closet for several years before being thrown away. But a sale is a sale. You just got to make it cheap enough so that a lot of people will be fooled into getting it.