Simulating a load cell in Proteus

Nasser74

Joined May 14, 2015
Hello
I want to simulate a digital scale using Proteus . I decided to use an ATMEGA32 micro controller and a load cell connected to it . But there is not any model or component presenting a load cell in Proteus library . My question is how to model a load cell or if there is a model out how to find it to my Proteus library ? Or any suggestion about this problem. The only limitation is using ATMEGA32 witch means that I must use an ATMEGA32 micro controller .

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The output of a load cell is generally a voltage proportional to the applied load. For example if I have a 500 Lb load cell with a sensitivity of 2 mV / Volt that means with a 10 volt excitation my load cell output will be 20 mV at full scale. If I wanted to simulate a load cell I would use a voltage source and ramp it from 0 volts to 20 mV simulating 0 to 500 Lb of load. This will depend on what your load cell outputs. Got a link to what the actual load cell data sheet looks like?

I do not use Proteus but have used other software for simulations. Someone familiar with Proteus may have a much better solution.

Ron