Simple picaxe program to control 4 to 5 sets of 3 led lights.

sporthob

Joined Jul 16, 2018
Back in the 70's I owned a gas station building we used as a motorcycle shop. The old gas station had an incandescent flashing light that a mechanical switch that lit 3 lights in each segment. There were 4 circuits that made the lights flash from the base to the end of the pole 12 bulbs total). I am wanting to use the smallest leds and duplicate this in HO scale. I need 4 to 6 outputs in the ic chip. What chip can I use?
I did a picaxe program 7 or 8 years ago to control a rotary dumper for model railroad. I do have some experience.
Thanks,
Steve

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018

Attachments

Back in the 70's I owned a gas station building we used as a motorcycle shop. The old gas station had an incandescent flashing light that a mechanical switch that lit 3 lights in each segment. There were 4 circuits that made the lights flash from the base to the end of the pole 12 bulbs total). I am wanting to use the smallest leds and duplicate this in HO scale. I need 4 to 6 outputs in the ic chip. What chip can I use?
I did a picaxe program 7 or 8 years ago to control a rotary dumper for model railroad. I do have some experience.
Thanks,
Steve
Why not just stick with a PICAXE. Since you already have that experience and they are so easy and what you want to do sounds pretty straightforward? They are still around in many shapes and sizes with up to 32 I/O bits see here.

A 14-M2 looks like it would be a good fit for less than $3 US.

sporthob

Joined Jul 16, 2018
Thanks for the help Dana and Raymond. I have some 14-m chips from 8 years ago. I have some PICAXE code that used leds to signal various states of operation with my last project. I was looking at the code last night. Its been a while.