Simple astable multivibrator

zach1679

Joined Sep 9, 2017
Hey,

Was just wondering if someone can help me out, Im trying to find the values of my resistors(R1, R2, R3, R4) in the attached circuit. Which is a simple astable multivibrator circuit. Also the values of the capacitors. The supply voltage is set at 4.5 V

Thanks.

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hey,

Was just wondering if someone can help me out, Im trying to find the values of my resistors(R1, R2, R3, R4) in the attached circuit. Which is a simple astable multivibrator circuit. Also the values of the capacitors. The supply voltage is set at 4.5 V

Thanks.
You'll have to clarify. Do you already have a circuit that you are trying to reverse engineer or are you trying to design an astable multivibrator (if so, what frequency and duty cycle? Also, is the multivibrator just multivibrating or is it driving something (or flashing LEDs or something).

zach1679

Joined Sep 9, 2017
Hey,

Thanks for the replies. I am required to design the circuit. The outcome of it is to power 2 flashing LED lights. What I am given is the supply voltage of 4.5 V and the On and Off time for the lights, which is 5.5 seconds

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
IMG_0129.PNG

Play with the capacitor values and change 100k resistors as needed. Larger caps or resistors make the flashes longer and smaller caps or resistors make the flashes faster.

Attachments