signal sense wires

cminke

Joined Jun 7, 2014
I have a led that is being connected to another and a controller via SPI to receive instructions on what colors to use via daisy chain
pin1-12V+
pin2- GND
pin3- MOSI
pin4- MISO
pin5-CS
pin-SCK

what I want to do is have a back up for when the controller fails or if it's installed without a controller, to use the same 6 wires to have 2, saveable modes, bypassing the spi interface and run off of the built on memory

pin1-12V+
pin2- GND
pin3- MOSI -> 12V sense- bypass SPI
pin4- MISO -> CLK sync/ change mode pattern (mode wire must be connected to 12v at the same time to change the setting )
pin5- CS -> 12v to pin5 will enable mode1
pin6- SCK -> 12v to pin6 will enable mode2

the whole thing needs to be fast enough that an external 12V+ switching controller can make them flash just by setting the programed modes to a non-flashing pattern so to make it flash you simply add and remove the power to that mode pin.
pin1- power
pin2- gnd
pin3- 12V
pin4- Connected to other units to sync mcu clk
pin5- 12v on and off
pin6- nothing

if mode1 had been saved as a red light not flashing this would make the light turn on every time 12v power is added to the mode1 pin and off as power is removed.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Without knowing what controller or LEDs you are using, there is no way we can even try to answer your questions.
A word of caution: If you connect the SPI clock and data lines to +12V you will probably damage the chip.

cminke

Joined Jun 7, 2014
Without knowing what controller or LEDs you are using, there is no way we can even try to answer your questions.
A word of caution: If you connect the SPI clock and data lines to +12V you will probably damage the chip.

Thanks why id like to put a 12V relay/ controller to sense before the +12V reaches the MCU to redirect it to a 5V input pin to tell it to bypass the spi interface and run off of the stored data on the chip with 1 wire acting as a clock sync

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
From your comments I don't understand quite what you have, what you are trying to do and how you are proposing to do it.
Can you post a commented block diagram of your system and supply more detailed information on what you are trying to do?