show how a larger MUX can be built using only the two 74LS153 ICS.

riteshaukhojee

Joined Jun 21, 2022
n someone pls help me with these 2 questions. im new to electronics and where was a lab on this . all the designs i saw have not gates but we were not given those. here are the questions, i also attached the lab

Q1. If you are provided with two such ICs, show how a larger MUX can be built using only the two 74LS153 ICS.

Q2. Hence, build a circuit using only two 74LS153 ICs, a LED and an appropriate resistor at the output, to implement the Sum output of a Full Adder. Draw the circuit of the FA using the available Multiplexers. Show the pin out diagram. Draw the truth table and details your observations with respect to the operation of the FA implemented using MUX.

Attachments

riteshaukhojee

Joined Jun 21, 2022
I’ll not comment on Q1, because it doesn’t define what is meant by “a larger mix”.

For Q2, start by drawing a truth table Of what outputs are required depending on the two inputs. Hint: the A and B inputs are your logic inputs.
Then work out how to connect the “c” inputs to give the required logic outputs on the “Y” pins
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn54153.pdf?ts=1655798189952&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F
Yes I did that
For sum, I got c,c',c' and c
But how do I input c' if I have no not gates?

riteshaukhojee

Joined Jun 21, 2022
If so, then you can invert it just by moving the switch to the other position, so why would you need a NOT gate?
but do you ever need to change the logic level?

That would seem to answer Q1
If so, then you can invert it just by moving the switch to the other position, so why would you need a NOT gate?
but do you ever need to change the logic level?

That would seem to answer Q1
Yeah now I understood. So we invert the input that the mux is giving as output(c)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Smaller image to reduce file size:
reducedImage.jpg
You should learn how to do screen captures so we don't have to deal with glare and moire patterns.

Does larger mean more inputs? Were you provided with logic gates?