Shorted MOBO while changing LVDS ribbon cable. NO POWER ON LIGHT ...PLEASE HELP or GUIDE!!!

Mobileslservice_TT

Joined Aug 9, 2019
Hi all,

New here so i'm glad this forum exists...really. I trust more on this forums than even my own knowledge, sometimes, i believe we all learn something new everyday.

Well to make it short:

Laptop T.Satellite C655D-SP5024L lost display looking around cable LVDS seemed broken...now...while handling the "new" LVDS cable, i made wsomething rong of course, and i noticed a brief spark in the mobo connector of the LVDS. After that the green light when adaptor/charger was connected didn't turn on anymore.

While testing phisically the only thing i noticed is a little burn in the mobo connector of the LVDS but the pin works. Now i tested the coils in different circuits and i think i have a short in the first circuits after the power fuse...but i would appreciate some guidance. Since i'm actually a network technician not formerly and eletric/electrician formed.

Looking around i saw that first thing would be to track down shortage area with the OHMs while checking power coils....did that and i think i found a circuit whihc has the short...but not sure and even if true not sure how to proceed.

Schematics are available and basic knowledge i have so...just proper steps to assure diag and then see what to do next.

Thx to all really!!

Attachments

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I think the best thing is to bin it.
It sounds like you have sent wrong volts down the wrong path. Anything could have died.

Mobileslservice_TT

Joined Aug 9, 2019
I think the best thing is to bin it.
It sounds like you have sent wrong volts down the wrong path. Anything could have died.
Well it could be fixed anyway right (with patience/time etc)?...still i understand and actually share your thoughts ;). The weird is nothing seems damaged...voltaje surge would have made noticeable damage or not?

Anyway i'm also learing here because i could learn about PCB/mobo diag/troubleshoot techniques. I have time... and actually like this so...any guidance will help and will be appreciated.

Locally i already found a replacement mobo but different version...and also found a replacement display. The drawback is that locally all spares are from second hand markets...believe it or not bringing something from us/asia is unnafordable in terms of benefit/cost/time ratio.