Short circuit laptop due to power.

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Inside laptop my charging power jack has been broken . I unscrewd my laptop scoldering by my own . Yesterday soldering broke and both line joint together . It smell like short circuit of something and turn off . From yesterday its not turn on . Sometime once in 4-5 hours board light turn on in orange for 1 sec and it goes off . But when it is work it glow with blue colour . So main question is will it work . Or complete damage ?? I have multimeter what to check and what to check ? I want ti make by myself how can i ??

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It is impossible to know what touched what inside your laptop. If the two power wires from your AC charger broke off of the laptop board and then touched eachother, I would assume that only the charger is dead. If one wire from the charger broke free and then touched some random PCB trace on your motherboard, then who knows what is damaged (could be anything on the laptop OR your charger or both).

I would disconnect the power, check out the solder joints, fix them and try again. IF you get a dead response, then borrow a charger from someone else to determine if it is your charger (with the risk that you could damage that charger too).

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
No sir everything is ok . I did same. i fix my soldering . checked my charger its OK . when ever I click to power button or connect charger before tickling sound I heard but now everything is dead . just sometime but not usually brown light suddenly appear for sec .

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Poor soldering will do tht.
You are way out of your head to fix tht, since you did not realize a laptop will take atleat 3Amps to charge a discharged battery. I believe what happened was due to the fact that you did not melt the solder enough to let it flow to both sides of the board.
I just cannot imagine how to start to tell you what to do without closely examining the motherboard.

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
I hope that will be the problem but my battery have full charge and from 1 year I am doing same soldering .

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
I did not soldering motherboard charger just power cable jack inside casing which is broken I fixed it but it may not give problem if I run my laptop through out battery

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
How you solder I do not know but I know these things cause I do repair laptop mother boards.
Today I check everything and try to to turn on sudden Brown light of motherboard blink and short circuit smell come from inside I think my motherboard is gone . help if u have any idea.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I cannot make videos.
And if you have no electronic repair skills I cannot guide you.
Repairing mother boards is not easy and definitely not for beginners.

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Thank you anyway . I actually I'm working at rular part where i technical at possible to get and I have tons of work to do . if u recommend and YouTube video of and guideline I can may give a try after some learning .

Razieve

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Dunno any video that could actually guide you, you know
I need to repair my laptop anyhow so , i am going to order motherboard of my laptop from city . so I should be sure that due to short circuit there is only problem in my motherboard , can u assist me how to know excact serial number of board so I can order ?? This will be tour last help .