Separating components without breaking them

briesmith

Joined Mar 20, 2021
IMG_20210320_155957.jpgIMG_20210320_155955.jpgIMG_20210320_155946.jpgCan anyone help me with the technique to separate this plug and socket combination (the white component in the attached image)?

I am very reluctant to apply any force as I don't want to damage the socket's connection to the circuit board.

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
None of those pictures provide clear evidence of whether it's a connector or not. Some cases you can have a molded body with wires soldered directly to the board. There doesn't seem to be any labels in the picture such as J1 or P1 (or 2 or 3 or so-on). Sometimes the silk screening (white painted lettering) will give a clue. Not always though.

twister007

Joined Feb 29, 2012
View attachment 233225View attachment 233226View attachment 233227Can anyone help me with the technique to separate this plug and socket combination (the white component in the attached image)?

I am very reluctant to apply any force as I don't want to damage the socket's connection to the circuit board.

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.
Many times plugs and sockets have a latch that locks when they are together. A set of small screwdrivers is handy. Use one to release the latch. On a All Terrain Vehicle I had to cut the latch with a pair of sidecutters to get it to release.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
That appears to be the sort of connector that uses the curved section as a latch. If it is, gently pulling up at the overhanging bit will release the locking and allow it to be removed. A side view of the connector would be very helpful in determining if that’s the case.