Senior Projects in Bachelor College Programs

antseezee

Joined Sep 16, 2006
No, this isn't another thread demanding the latest ideas for a senior project. It's more of a collaboration thread. If you had to do a senior project in order to get a Bachelor's degree in a EE, EET, CE, or related field, what would you do it on (or say what you did if you performed one)?

I'm entering my fourth year in the Fall, and I was thinking on creating something along the lines of Thermal Goggles, A Regenerating Source from mechanics/nature, a new modulation technique, or something along those lines. Here's a few more that people are doing or have done:

The current seniors are doing a Guitar Tuner, and a CAM-based shifting clutch. One person I know is preparing to do a Function Generator & Theramin (a hand-generated instrument) built together to create different sounds.

Making a robot with motion sensors and other contraptions don't really interest me. Yeah, they're cool, but it's not as if you're inventing anything. If I'm going to make something, I want it to be new and unique. Of course, the idea for Piezoelectric shoes has already been done :(.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Themal goggles sounds interesting. Look into the concept of thermography as a starter, although I have found that thermography has certain limitations in some applications, i.e. the inability to view volumetric thermal profiles.

Dave