Selling entire project: multiple versions, Hdwe , Swre, includes support (for a while).

Status
Not open for further replies.

olphart

Joined Sep 22, 2012
Designed / built prototypes of a line of rotary display signage.
All original, no liens, NDAs or patents.
I'm at the age where I Know I'll never get back to it, so want to sell as a complete group.
Versions:
> 42" ceiling fan based: monochrome (1) then RGB (3; 1 freestand, 2 portable)
> counter-balanced mono-arm: 1 displays outward w/msg scrolling, 1 displays 1 direction (mech sync)
Both are ~3 foot arm on a ~6 foot tripod
> 1 large sized balanced dual-arm: 1 direction type, 6 foot arms on a crank telescoping 12 foot tripod
> 1 multi laser w/rotating mirror
All based on Motorola / Freescale / NXP 908QY micro controllers.
Units independently addressable, Visual BASIC Programmer by:
> circular - RF link
> others by RS232 (USB->RS232 works fine, just not the cheap type)
Font is simple 5x7 but with real descenders (that took a while...)

The issue is I can't pack & ship: too much & too big.
I'm ~20 miles south of Kalamazoo Michigan.
I'll give a month for offers, but it needs to be gone before October 1.
Best reasonable offer "wins", a mini-van will be required.
All swre is <50MB, but the IDE is 1.1GB, bring a USB thumbdrive.
Once I'm gone, my executor will make it dumpster food - Wrong Answer.
It ALL Goes: source codes, layouts, schematics, even installable IDE CodeWarrior V6 (free version).
I'll include a 908 programmer and the QYs I still have.
Best new answer is a port to a "modern" uC, with added features too (what I'd do...)
Whoever "wins" this gets my support for as long as necessary (or possible).

Cab_2.JPG Logo_W.jpg AlfaDim.jpg LogoDim.jpg FanGB.jpg

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I wish you the best of luck; but I predict you will need to pay someone to haul it away. I hope someone proves me wrong.
All of my stuff from a half-century of development ended up being binned.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
And the roars of applause appear to be....stillborn. I am sorry about that, but it is probably better this way. At least you control how it ends up.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you don't find a buyer -- and there's probably a good chance that will end up the case -- you might contact the local colleges and ask if they would accept it as a donation, perhaps for their senior design teams or student clubs. You might be able to write something off on your taxes. But don't be surprised if they view it for what will likely become of it, which is a source for scrounging parts from on the cheap for student projects. I cleared out quite a bit of stuff a few years ago and some of it was stuff that I had spent considerable time designing and fabricating and of which I was quite proud. I gave it to a group of folks I know and most of it was gobbled up pretty quickly -- and I have no illusions that it was anything other than, "hey, I can rip that thingy off and use it for something cool."

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Are you advertising in the right place? I would think a commercial place (e.g., bar, coffee ship, disco) might be interested as a silent way to announce specials or advertise. Of course, that might require more after sale support.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Try advertising it on Craigslist.

If it doesn't sell, try offering it for free and someone can cannibalize it. There's an old saying in the auto wrecking business: "The sum of the parts is worth more than the whole".

Status
Not open for further replies.