Selling a flytrap kit that really works

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I'm busy with this for months, have invested hundreds of $, and I did sell the kit when I didnt had results, wrote a PDF too.

Basically, the LED lamp arrived, I wrote the PDF, and hoped the seeds would work.

But I was thinking the seller from Germany is serious.

Before of that I got Morning Glory seeds shipped, complained, got the money back, then actually sold them as what they are.

Another seller sold me some weird dirt nothing would grow from it.

And then another, seeds that look very similar but arent flytrap at all.

Test grow 1 - nothing did grow. The water storage crystals buried the seeds, and they didnt have light.

Test grow 2 - using a 60W LED lamp. It took nearly a month, then the first small red plant emerged. I did know instantly its a flytrap!

I just looked today- some green ones sprouted too, about 5 or so.

Its winter season here, cold on the window sill, and it gets dark before 4PM.

Pictures to follow very soon!

I have read, growing flytrap from seeds is a challenge even for experienced gardeners.

It was, actually. I designed a grow kit! I use a special flytrap soil mixed with vermiculite, and mineral water. And a LED lamp, the container is elevated to it gets a lot of light.

Even food is provided- I'm maintain aphids in a container nearby. That attracted a spider, it caught many of them. On the outside there's a sedum garden, some bulbs too, and garlic. I took new photos today.

I plan to release more grow kits- for cactus plants (they are difficult too), and sedum plants (not so well known to grow from seeds). But i'm not sure about soil for these. Is it easy to get for the kits buyers, and not needed? Is it too messy to get some? Should i use a vermiculite mix?

system is the same, plastic containers with holes in lid and bottom, melted with a small gas burner.

Well i got my success today, verification my flytrap kit actually works! I wasnt too sure after the long waiting.

Now I get rich with flytraps. Absolutely.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That is an interesting story. Too bad about the Morning Glory. I do not have a green thumb; my brother is the polar opposite. He grows and breeds orchids. Please update us. I love reading about it.

John

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
yes I took the photos in the afternoon, but need a special SONY memory stick USB reader, and to disconnect the internet.

Also I see results now from Roundup contaminated soil its quite scary it works for months stunting and killing plants.

I'll try later tonight to get these photos online, I actually have a google group for the topic, but will post at more than one place.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
yes I took the photos in the afternoon, but need a special SONY memory stick USB reader, and to disconnect the internet.

Also I see results now from Roundup contaminated soil its quite scary it works for months stunting and killing plants.

I'll try later tonight to get these photos online, I actually have a google group for the topic, but will post at more than one place.
That's interesting. One of the advertising points for Roundup (glyphosate) is that it is neutralized almost on contact with soil. That is why it needs to be applied to actively growing leaves ("foliar"). It selectively inhibits synthesis of the essential amino acids (i.e., essential to most animals), which is why it is so non-toxic to us. Glyphosate is almost always applied with a surfactant. It is the surfactant, not the glyphosate that is toxic to some aquatic life. I have not read, however, that the surfactant is toxic to plants.

Are you sure it wasn't Pramitol http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/msds/106_pramitol25emsds.pdf ), which prevents germination? I would describe the smell of glyphosate is like a nursery; whereas Pramitol is much more like a chemical.

It might also be a more general broad lead herbicide, like 2,4-D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic_acid). It also has a more chemical odor and is an analog of a growth stimulant. It is said to kill by making the plants outgrow themselves.

John

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Here are some cactus I grew from seed. The short ones are monstrosa, the tall ones organ pipe. I think they want to be outside now because they won't stand up on their own. I think they are about 6 years old. I just covered the seeds with saran wrap and they sprouted, but very slow to grow.

Attachments