Self Resetting Momentary interrupt button

MaroonMonsterLS1

Joined Jan 28, 2016
Hey everybody! It's my first time posting here and i'm hoping someone will be able to help.

WITHOUT using a microcontroller, computer, or the like, can anyone figure out how to get this done?

What i need is a pushbutton switch that will momentarily interrupt a circut. I want to be able to press the button and only have it interrupt the circuit for a split second then return to normal regardless of whether or not i'm still holding the button. Then, if I let off the button and re-apply it, I want the same thing to happen again.

If anybody has any clever ideas i'd be extremely grateful! Thanks!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
How long is a "split second".
You can do that with a 555 configured as an edge-triggered one-shot (monostable) as shown here.
Connect the PB between point "A" and GND.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
How long is a "split second".
You can do that with a 555 configured as an edge-triggered one-shot (monostable) as shown here.
Connect the PB between point "A" and GND.
Congratulations, you just broke the 10,000 posts not long ago ... :D
Thank you for your contribution to the forum and members ... :)

MaroonMonsterLS1

Joined Jan 28, 2016
12v, current fairly low, say around 10-15 amps at the very top

Its the exciter circuit for a solenoid relay. I want to be able to interrupt that circuit very quickly so the relay will open and the reclose the circuit quickly.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
12v, current fairly low, say around 10-15 amps at the very top

Its the exciter circuit for a solenoid relay. I want to be able to interrupt that circuit very quickly so the relay will open and the reclose the circuit quickly.
How about something like this? So many details depend on the voltage and current of the solenoid and circuit, time you want to pause, etc. But this would be a circuit you would add to your device, If powered off the solenoid still performs normally. Pushing and releasing the button interrupts the solenoid, You don't have to keep your finger on the button. I haven't built it to try it yet so just take it as a half step forward.

Attachments

MaroonMonsterLS1

Joined Jan 28, 2016
I'm quite busy today, but i'll try to get a schematic of my current circuit posted up so you all can see what i'm dealing with, and what would be the best route to go from here.