Self-Assembling Wires

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
This reminds me of the “Game of Life”. See: https://gameoflife.pro/
I first saw it in Scientific American magazine but it became a computer thing pretty soon after. Interesting the comment about the similarities to trees in real life. (IRL). Thanks
Conway's Game of Life was fodder for lots of my early microcomputer programming, trying to find optimizations and increased the generation rate. Working out blinkers and glider guns, and other "creatures", etc.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Conway's Game of Life was fodder for lots of my early microcomputer programming, trying to find optimizations and increased the generation rate. Working out blinkers and glider guns, and other "creatures", etc.
I implemented Life in a GLCD 128X64 with sides joining each other and the same with top and bottom. Once I got the image of how each new generation had to be "built" with the toroid in action, creating the algorithm was simple.

After implementing a number of the classic patterns, spent some time for a random generation. Later, I decided that dedicating more time to further patterns, was not interesting.