selecting the correct capacitor

anthony21078

Joined May 30, 2022
Hello. Trying to help my parents out and replace 2 capacitors on this board. This board is from a hot tub. I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of capacitors but I can replace them no problem. I just don't know how to choose the correct replacement when the only writing on the capacitors is what you see in the pictures.

Attachments

anthony21078

Joined May 30, 2022
hi anthony,
We need to see the printed values on the other side of those two capacitors.
Example only: 350V 100uf

E
My mistake for not throughly looking at the capacitor. I didn't pull the board just so it was difficult to look. But I think I'm good with with one 1000uf 25v and one 1000uf 16v

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
You can order those two capacitors, with the those values, for replacement.
Do you have enough information to do the repair.?
E

anthony21078

Joined May 30, 2022
Hi,
You can order those two capacitors, with the those values, for replacement.
Do you have enough information to do the repair.?
E
Yes I watched enough videos on how to swap out a capacitor sol I'm fine with that. But I noticed on this board there is clear waterproof coating over the entire board. Almost like silicone a few mm thick. I guess I'll have to cut around the base of the capacitor with a razor

anthony21078

Joined May 30, 2022
I replaced both capacitors but the same problem is still present. The unit will power on, successfully run for a short period of time and then shutdown. There are no error codes displayed.

I know this a long shot and I haven't provided much information but I'm open to any ideas on how to troubleshoot.

This board comes from a intex spa. It seems rather common that these units have issued but most of my searching reveals error codes displayed on the screen followed by a shutdown. That can be diagnosed by reading the manual. In my situation, the unit beeps, all the lights illuminate followed by a shutdown of all systems (filter, heater, blower).

The filter is functioning with no obstructions, the heater unit works and the blower works. When I noticed the blown capacitors I hoped for an easy fix.

Any help is appreciated