Seeking advice to control light using remote !!!

sathyan1988

Joined Oct 23, 2006
Hi,
I am doing my 2nd yr B.E in Electronics and communication engineering.

I searched the net for a precise circuit, but in vain.:(

Objective :

I have a painting ( on the ceiling wall above my bed ) . I would love to see it for sometime before i went to sleep . so i thought i ll use a remote control to turn on and off a light or led ( tht i am assuming i ll stick it near the painting on the ceiling ) tht is bright enough to illuminate the painting.:D

Can u kindly help me do this project.:confused:

ll be thankful to u !!!:)

sathyan1988

Joined Oct 23, 2006
I am so very excited to see your project just as i intended it to be.
I cant wait to lay hands on the project.:cool:

Procuring the mentioned components may not be a tough job, but what torments me is tht .. i am a novice at this.

Seems like i have to design and etch a PCB .. i have no idea abt how to do it.. and wat after tht ??? :eek:
i am completely clueless !!!! I have to blame myself :(. But the brighter side is tht i am hoping, You ll help me with this.:D
i am sure i ll be gratefull to u if u help !!!

sathyan1988

Joined Oct 23, 2006
The following was in my mind when i initiated this thread.

1.A light ( Some 4 or 5 powerful LEDs ) connected to some circuit board serving the objective,
2. powered by batteries.
3.This ll be of the size tht i ll be able to stick it to the ceiling using stickers ( like the one used in shirt hanger ) .
4.A remote having a 'on' and 'off' button again powered by batteries tht would tht i might use to toggle the on and off of the light on the ceiling. :)

I have descibed it like a novice ( i know ) as i am one.
Kindly put in your suggestions as of how i can proceed with this idea.:)