seek wifi controller for voltage measurement

young707

Joined Oct 14, 2015
Seek wifi controller to send out voltage measurements. Voltage measurement will be likely within 0.01 VDC to 13.99 VDC.
Looking for simple built in WiFi networking controller. Which do you recommend? Converting from piror bluetooth project.

Simple analog to digital converter, with calibrate options to add later.
Voltage measurement will be likely within 0.01 VDC to 13.99 VDC. Thanks.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
“WiFi controller” is too ambiguous. Are you looking for a development board to build something, or are you looking for a “box” with connectors on it for your signals?

Are you saying you have an ADC to connect to it, or that you need one?

It would be exceedingly helpful if oyu could describe the application for the device. That is, when th system is working, what problem does it solve?

Also important are an idea of the required precision, accuracy, and repeatability. I gather from .001-14.99 you want mV precision, but that’s all I get.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Search for Data Logger. I have USB data loggers that monitors 32 analog inputs and many digital inputs. There must be a WiFi version. Many new o-scopes are WiFi connected and will do the job.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
No mention of budget or number of channels or uncertainty? No mention of your location?

I agree in that all you want is a data logger with WFi. I have used units from Measurement Computing and Dataq but there are dozens to choose from. Most use a +/- 10 volt A/D so you may want to place a voltage divider up front. Many include a software package and SDK (Software Developer's Kit) for those who want to roll their own.

Ron

young707

Joined Oct 14, 2015
looking for 8 bits or 16 bits basic microcontroller with build in WiFi controller to build on simple PCB. Prefer build in A/D convert analog voltage to digital. Simple programming to export voltage measurement results to display in mobile devices.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
WiFi? Bluetooth? My advice would be an ESP 32 solution or similar. That or a simple off the shelf Arduino Uno REV 2. It's a long way between 8 bit and 16 bit. There are plenty out there to choose from. Again, no mention of budget or how many channels?

Ron

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
WiFi? Bluetooth? My advice would be an ESP 32 solution or similar. That or a simple off the shelf Arduino Uno REV 2. It's a long way between 8 bit and 16 bit. There are plenty out there to choose from. Again, no mention of budget or how many channels?

Ron
The ESP32 would be a very good choice for both the MCU and the WiFi/BT radios. Unfortunately it is not a good choice for ADCs. The ESP32 ADCs are famously ungood, but an external ADC of high quality is relatively cheap and easy.

I am just not sure we are going to get enough information from the TS to be able to assist.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The ESP32 would be a very good choice for both the MCU and the WiFi/BT radios. Unfortunately it is not a good choice for ADCs. The ESP32 ADCs are famously ungood, but an external ADC of high quality is relatively cheap and easy.

I am just not sure we are going to get enough information from the TS to be able to assist.
I have to agree.
Voltage measurement will be likely within 0.01 VDC to 13.99 VDC.
Then we follow up with...
looking for 8 bits or 16 bits basic microcontroller with build in WiFi controller to build on simple PCB.
Not sure if 8 bit or 16 bit A/D because an 8 bit A/D measuring down to 0.01 volt is not going to work out very well.

I have played around a little with the ADS1115 with an Arduino but not the Arduino REV2. Anyway, not sure where all of this is going. :)

Ron

young707

Joined Oct 14, 2015
No bluetooth please. Users complained of daily scanning of Bluetooth signal, pairing or unable to pair. Chang to save, and start again of scanning and scanning again and again, after 10+ time scanning, then tried to pair. What a daily pain. Absolute obsoluted and user unfriendly.