Scoreboard clock running slow

Gcan61

Joined Nov 24, 2014
...I know this is really OCD of me. But this scoreboard clock runs 2-3 seconds slower every 24 hours. So after a month, it's one minute behind...ect,ect. Any suggestions on possibly re-calibrating it??? I've already change the battery, no change. Any input would be really appreciated005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG .

Geoff

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I am not doctors but my guess would be that he prescribes medication or therapy.

If that doesn't help, you could change c1 and C2 by a few pico farads. Monitor results and repeat.

C1 and c2 are in upper left of board.

Gcan61

Joined Nov 24, 2014
...ok, I see c1 and c2...does changing a "few pico farads" mean swapping them out with new ones???

Geoff

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Yes, but it would be easiest if you had an accurate frequency counter to make sure you hit 32,768.0 hertz. A few minutes per month is not a very larger error and it may be caused by temperature variation - some clocks compensate for temperature and some do not. If yours does not, then it is unlikely that you will ever have an accurate clock (except by random chance some months).

Gcan61

Joined Nov 24, 2014
...so what your saying GopherT...is that it would be easier for me to seek prescription medication or a good therapist:). Don't expect Maserati performance from a Dodge Dart. Thx for the help.

Geoff