Scope listed on eBay. Only one bid so far, should I panic?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
It sold for $177.50. I wish I would have done a little better then again it could have been worse.

Winner has not yet paid so there is always that. But winner has a really good rep.
If he doesn't pay, and you do what was suggested in this thread, you'll get over $200 easily. Those extra perks (probes, howto manual, even PDF on a disc, etc) have an UNREAL effect on how people decide what to bid.

Finding the actual service manual in PDF form is worth $50 or more alone, user manual, $25 or so. Enough 10-1 probes for the channels is a Must, otherwise they subtract what a set of probes cost at a "Buy it Now + Shipping" from what they'd otherwise bid on your scope.

Roughly. You need to have a good scope like you did to start with.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Should I use the shipping from ebay? Or will I get a better deal direct from the shipper?
I always use my "stamps" account when selling through amazon.com or half.com. Granted, I deal in books, and rarely do I ship anything heavier than 35 pounds. My account shows the prices for shipping various options and that is very convienent. The rare times that I have bought postage at the UPS or USPS office, it cost me more than on-line.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If he doesn't pay, and you do what was suggested in this thread, you'll get over $200 easily. Those extra perks (probes, howto manual, even PDF on a disc, etc) have an UNREAL effect on how people decide what to bid.

Finding the actual service manual in PDF form is worth $50 or more alone, user manual, $25 or so. Enough 10-1 probes for the channels is a Must, otherwise they subtract what a set of probes cost at a "Buy it Now + Shipping" from what they'd otherwise bid on your scope.

Roughly. You need to have a good scope like you did to start with.
Well I checked my records and I see I only paid $172 for the scope. Granted it did not include any probes and I paid a little more for shipping.

He inquired about another probe and I gave him a price of $15 -$20 whatever he sees fit. I was honest in the fact they were cheap 100mhz probes and he might do better price wise from China but would need to wait.

I did send him links to manuals and such.