Scent Battery Operated Oil Diffuser

giannakos

Joined Apr 30, 2020
Hello,
For a project at University, we have to make a small device, suitable for home.
Ι want to make a Scent Battery Operated Nebulizer like this one:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.7724857.normalList.49.45e06092x7yFMQ

Nothing complicated. Just a start button and the operation begins. I am very beginner to similar devices. Do you know what materials i have to use and how it will work(e.g. type of air pump, perhaps arduino)?

Thank you in advance,
Giannis

Last edited by a moderator:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
@giannakos I'm assuming you are using a translator program to ask your question. The description is not what the Alibaba advertisement says. You may want to ask a moderator here to change it for you. What you want it to say, from the Alibaba site is -
Battery Operated Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser

Mod:Title Corrected in line with the link. As Noted,

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Before you start picking materials you need to define exactly what you will be building.
e.g.
What is the function of the object?
What sequence of events is it required to perform?
Does it have a human interface or is it fully automatic?
How is it to be powered?
How big should it be?
Which parts will you need help with to design?
Which parts will you need help to make?
What materials do you need to purchase?
Do you have a budget to purchase the materials?
When you have documented and answered these questions you can start designing it. To do that, you need to define the following:
Which parts of the project do you already understand?
Which parts of the project do you know that you don't understand and will either have to learn or get help from someone who does understand?
Be aware that there will be some parts of the project that you don't know that you don't know. Allow some extra time and resources for these because they will delay and sabotage the project.
When you have got to the point of knowing what you don't know, that is the time to show us what you have done so far and let us know what you need help with.
All the best.
Keith

giannakos

Joined Apr 30, 2020
Before you start picking materials you need to define exactly what you will be building.
e.g.
What is the function of the object?
What sequence of events is it required to perform?
Does it have a human interface or is it fully automatic?
How is it to be powered?
How big should it be?
Which parts will you need help with to design?
Which parts will you need help to make?
What materials do you need to purchase?
Do you have a budget to purchase the materials?
When you have documented and answered these questions you can start designing it. To do that, you need to define the following:
Which parts of the project do you already understand?
Which parts of the project do you know that you don't understand and will either have to learn or get help from someone who does understand?
Be aware that there will be some parts of the project that you don't know that you don't know. Allow some extra time and resources for these because they will delay and sabotage the project.
When you have got to the point of knowing what you don't know, that is the time to show us what you have done so far and let us know what you need help with.
All the best.
Keith
You are right!Thank you! I will be back enlightening

giannakos

Joined Apr 30, 2020
@giannakos I'm assuming you are using a translator program to ask your question. The description is not what the Alibaba advertisement says. You may want to ask a moderator here to change it for you. What you want it to say, from the Alibaba site is -
Battery Operated Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser

Mod:Title Corrected in line with the link. As Noted,
Thats right!Thanks

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019

giannakos

Joined Apr 30, 2020
I am amazed that you are planning to make this product as a University project but you know nothing about how it works and what makes it work.

My wife has an Essential Oil Diffuser that she uses as a humidifier and the stink makes me cough and my eyes sting.
Some people have serious medical problems caused by the device. Read about it here:
https://www.webmd.com/beauty/news/20180813/essential-oils-promise-help-but-beware-the-risks
I am studying Agronomist not Engineer. Yes,it's out of my field.

It is not mandatory.We were just assigned a task for home appliances.

Αnd it seemed easy to me, although in the end it is not.Also, looks dangerous!

Thanks for your reply

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I saw a news report about a Zoom company ad that says their users are more that they actually have. The ad showed perfect video and perfect audio on a Zoom conference call.
But the news on TV shows people at home using Skype and the video and audio are all broken up and the sound gets tinny frequently. Why??