Save and play Audio

mak99

Joined Sep 14, 2020
Hello. I am making a project where i want to save and play a 10 second long audio file when a button is pressed. I am looking for the easiest and cheapest way to make a small device that is able to do that. Right now i have bought a microcontroller(pic10f200) and a cheap speaker, as well as a breadboard(and the other things needed). I am not sure if this is the easiest way, as my project only need to do the things explained. So the question is if there is a easier way than a microcontroller or if i am on the right path. A cheap solution is key, as i am going to make 100 of them

peterdeco

Joined Oct 8, 2019
If you are intent upon building one from scratch, look at the ISD devices from Winbond. Many are stand-alone and don't need a microcontroller such as the ISD1620.

mak99

Joined Sep 14, 2020

mak99

Joined Sep 14, 2020
If you are intent upon building one from scratch, look at the ISD devices from Winbond. Many are stand-alone and don't need a microcontroller such as the ISD1620.
Okay, did not know that as i am new in this subject. I will research about and thank you for the response

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi mak
You can store upto about 10 secs of sound and replay.

There are jumper links on the pcb which can be set to play the sound at power Up or when a button is pressed.
Continuous or Single replay of message.

Also you can use it as a simple audio amplifier.

I use them on my home security system.

E

Clip:
Board ISD1820 chip
Onboard microphone, you can direct recording
About 10 seconds voice recording
High-quality, natural voice Restore can be used as a loudspeaker module
With a loop playback, jog playback, single-pass playback
The chip pin leads, through the microcontroller to control operation
Working voltage: 3 ~ 5V
Board size:54 x 38 mm

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
If you need a LOOOONG sound... I use the WTV020M01 you load the sound onto it (SD) and place a button on pin 9 and it plays the sound... I bought 2 Both run of a tiny lipo and sound really good... DOWNSIDE... you need to convert to their format.. but again quite easy todo..

mak99

Joined Sep 14, 2020
If you need a LOOOONG sound... I use the WTV020M01 you load the sound onto it (SD) and place a button on pin 9 and it plays the sound... I bought 2 Both run of a tiny lipo and sound really good... DOWNSIDE... you need to convert to their format.. but again quite easy todo..
Thank you for responding, i am not sure that is what i need at the moment, but defiently nice to know :)

mak99

Joined Sep 14, 2020
hi mak
You can store upto about 10 secs of sound and replay.

There are jumper links on the pcb which can be set to play the sound at power Up or when a button is pressed.
Continuous or Single replay of message.

Also you can use it as a simple audio amplifier.

I use them on my home security system.

E

Clip:
Board ISD1820 chip
Onboard microphone, you can direct recording
About 10 seconds voice recording
High-quality, natural voice Restore can be used as a loudspeaker module
With a loop playback, jog playback, single-pass playback
The chip pin leads, through the microcontroller to control operation
Working voltage: 3 ~ 5V
Board size:54 x 38 mm
Seems like exactly what i am looking for, thank you. Lets say that i wanted it to be triggered by a sensor/laser or something like that. do you have any tips regarding that