S video black and white screen help

dazzer7

Joined May 7, 2016
I have a super ~Nintendo console and I have noticed when using S-video the games play in black and white , Now I have come to the conclusion that the problem is on the board some where , Now when I do use S-video it shows a black and white picture this should mean there must be a Y luma signal that is working but the C chroma is not . I would like to know if anyone has any ideas of what it could be and maybe a fix >?

I also was thinking of trying this taking the C chroma signal from the (S-RGB A ) chip which on mine is called (S-EWC 92224 M60F) solder wire to pin 12 with 100nf Cap and 75 ohms resistor then solder this to the C chroma pin 8 on the multi AV out which in order to trying and bypass the problem , This is just a long shot what do you guys think I should do?>

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I would first check the cables and pins carefully, interchanging sources and monitors to isolate where the problem is. It could be as mundane as a crushed pin in a connector or a faulty cable.

dazzer7

Joined May 7, 2016
I would first check the cables and pins carefully, interchanging sources and monitors to isolate where the problem is. It could be as mundane as a crushed pin in a connector or a faulty cable.
Hi! Cable is working tried with another console I would also like to point out that AV is working just not s-video , I did check the pins too they looked ok.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Starting with pin 3 on the connector and working backwards through the circuit, you are looking for an amplitude modulated 3.58 MHz sinewave, about 0.5 Vpp for bright colors.

ak