Running multiple LCD displays on a single regulated switching power supply

BosElectronic

Joined Feb 7, 2018
I am attempting to run multiple LCD displays from a single power supply. The displays draw 19v DC at 1.7 amps and I am trying to run 5 of them from an adjustable 0-24 volt supply that has a capacity of 20 amps. I manufactured dc leads with an appropriate barrel connector with 22 guage circuit limited wire. The supply has 3 pairs of terminals for output connections so I doubled up my leads on some terminals. Having tested one display for normal power up successfully, I attempted to connect 4 displays. Displays began to power up properly but then one lead heated up with total insulation failure. The length of the leads is about 10 ft. I could not find any part of my connections that had a short and I am puzzled as to why only one lead melted. Suggestions would be appreciated. The power supply the following: DROK Adjustable DC Power Voltage Converter AC 110V-220V to DC 0-24V Module Switching Power Supply Digital Display 480W Voltage Regulator 20A Step Down Transformer Built in Cooling Fan

BosElectronic

Joined Feb 7, 2018
I should add that when running one display I adjusted the power supply to 19V. Upon connecting three more, and attempting to power them, the output dropped to around 10 volts. I was able to increase the voltage using the supplies potentiometer, but not able to get get it back up to 19 before the failure of my wire occurred.