running amok....

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
In fact registrations have more than doubled since we launched.
Surely you of all people should know that correlation ≠ causation, and in this case I can almost guarantee that "doubled registrations" are not caused by the horribly-written, childish articles. Especially when EETech attaches itself like a parasite to friendly, helpful, professional sites like AAC, I expect your "registrations" are actually registrations to these sites which you're leeching off and calling your own.

Last edited:

EETech Adam

Joined Jun 2, 2015
Well first and foremost the quality of articles will be improved to the AAC standard... That I can assure you.

I think the registrations increased due to the unification of the textbook and forum. While my hypothesis is only speculation, the data shows the improvement. I can have my opinion... nothing more to take away from it.

Your opinion is absolutely valid and noted.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
I'll assume you mean short term improvements. Have you compared it to last year's growth rate for the same period? AAC runs in cycles ...

For the month of June in 2014 there was 2022 new members registered here at the forums.
I'm seeing in the XF admin panel that June 2014 had 1099 new members. We are at 1877 so far this month. The re-design plays a large part because there is a "Sign-up" button now on the main site, which gets 2/3rds of the site's traffic.
Of course, half a month's data is statistically irrelevant.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
My personal solution to all these home page issues is simple. When I setup my favorites tab to go to AAC I have it going directly to the forum avoiding the home page all together.

To be honest I have maybe looked at the home page 3 times since I joined the site.

You guys can do whatever you want to the other parts of the site but just as long as my blue background forum looks the same and the TOS enforcers don't get too fussy about what is or is not a grey area topic to me I could and will continue to care less what you do elsewhere.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
This is really unsettling. I feel that the new team has no understanding of what this forum was and the community within it.

The textbook here was an excellent source of information. I have used it during school, along with exercises. To come in and start adding garbage to an excellent existing site is to destroy it.

A great question to ask is this, we have survived members passing away and their threads were posted for all to see, now they are gone... This was one of the great things about this forum, it was a part of digital world that felt cosy and comfortable, but now it is becoming just like the rest of the bits... give is your data and move on

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
A great question to ask is this, we have survived members passing away and their threads were posted for all to see, now they are gone... This was one of the great things about this forum, it was a part of digital world that felt cosy and comfortable, but now it is becoming just like the rest of the bits... give is your data and move on
I'm confused - What posts from members who have passed away, have disappeared?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
there is a number of stickies that I dont see anymore of posts from beenthere. I might just not be seeing it due to new format

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'm seeing in the XF admin panel that June 2014 had 1099 new members. We are at 1877 so far this month. The re-design plays a large part because there is a "Sign-up" button now on the main site, which gets 2/3rds of the site's traffic.
I can agree IF the registration were on the HOME page, you would get more signups. The redesign, specifically adding the registration, of the home page certainly raised the membership. My only source of the data is the membership numbers you report at the bottom of the forum page. Yes, I know they can be reduced when you cull the threads and the membership rolls.

My question would be ... If you hadn't redesigned, and merely put the registration on the home page, do you think you would have seen a similar increase? After all, you made it easier by placing the ability to register on the most common landing page for a website.

Be careful on your success metrics. Yes, having the registration on the home page was a success. how many visits to the content pages?

S.M.A.R.T ---
from: http://www.qualitygurus.com/courses/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=110

Good metrics must SMART

Specific in that they are specific and they target the area one is measuring.

Measurable in that one is able to collect data which is accurate and complete

Actionable in that they are easy to understand and its clear when chart your performance overtime which direction is good and which direction is bad so that one knows when to take action.

Relevant in that one does not have to measure everything including those that irrelevant. There is a common trap of trying to measure everything one has to avoid

Timely in that one can get data when they need it. Its real time.