running a tesla coil off of a dirod or wimshurst machine?

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
so I know it can be done on small scale but i am wondering if a big ~1MV T.C. could be powered that way.
please see the huge dirod and the huge TC in attachments and please tell me if the dirod could power the TC in pictures?
thank you for any opinions

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
this is one of the videos that i saw here; what do you think of it?
More Gobbledygook, from Youtube by people who don't know what they are talking about. They could have made the fluorescent bulb light up more by just using the Whimshurst. Like I said earlier, Whimshurst, Dirode, and even Van deGraff machines are all static electricity generators, just like the lightning in a storm. The can't be used to power something like a Tesla coil that is a basically AC resonant oscillator coil. You do know that Tesla invented AC current machines and processes to make AC don't you?

Instead of watching Youtube, if your really interested in this kind of thing, you should go to the library and get books on how things really work, real physics of the items. Youtube is not Realtube.

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
More Gobbledygook, from Youtube by people who don't know what they are talking about. They could have made the fluorescent bulb light up more by just using the Whimshurst. Like I said earlier, Whimshurst, Dirode, and even Van deGraff machines are all static electricity generators, just like the lightning in a storm. The can't be used to power something like a Tesla coil that is a basically AC resonant oscillator coil. You do know that Tesla invented AC current machines and processes to make AC don't you?

Instead of watching Youtube, if your really interested in this kind of thing, you should go to the library and get books on how things really work, real physics of the items. Youtube is not Realtube.
hi, i found out it is possible after-all: http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4.html

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
here is the picture from the page on how to hook up a TC with an electrostatic machine, this is what i was asking about if it was possible and it is; as this picture shows: http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4ele.jpg
And there isn't one Tesla coil in that picture. You need to read the text in that link, not just the headlines and the pictures. You seriously need to do some research and study into this stuff.

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
And there isn't one Tesla coil in that picture. You need to read the text in that link, not just the headlines and the pictures. You seriously need to do some research and study into this stuff.

the T.C. has so, so many variations and the aforementioned TC is just another variant with TC principle.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
the T.C. has so, so many variations and the aforementioned TC is just another variant with TC principle.
You keep believing this. Please just don't post on Youtube, there are enough confused people in the world now.

Like I said a few posts ago, join the local library or even use the internet to learn something and stop believing every "easy" thing you read or see. There are truths out there.

There are a few ways to make a real Tesla coil, but that isn't one of them, not even close.