Rotary switch but counterclockwise?

gnolivos

Joined Jul 14, 2011
I need a 2 position rotary switch but I want it to be “on” when I rotate left, and “off” when I rotate right. Most switches I see operate in the opposite fashion.

Is there a switch that operates how I describe? If not, is there a way to build a simple circuit that will use a common switch but operate in reverse fashion as described?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
With a standard rotary switch - one pole, two way - you could just use the common and first way contact and it would work as you want.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That is not a rotary switch, just two position.
If you just want two positions, on & off, you do not need a 'rotary' switch.
You just need a two position switch with the switch element. N.C. or N.O, on whichever side you want?
You can stack them with the appropriate NC/NO options.
The Chinese have reproduced the Telemecanique range quite cheaply.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
That is not a rotary switch, just two position.
If you just want two positions, on & off, you do not need a 'rotary' switch.
You just need a two position switch with the switch element. N.C. or N.O, on whichever side you want?
You can stack them with the appropriate NC/NO options.
The Chinese have reproduced the Telemecanique range quite cheaply.
I think the TS wants a rotary action. The cheap rotary action switches like the ones sold for lamps and the like are just SPST but you rotate them to turn them on. If the TS is trying to use the mechanical action of such a switch to turn something on and off with a motor or something similar, he's barking up the wrong tree but so far the specifications for this part are vague at best.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you buy the originals and not the knock off, they are by no means cheap!
(unless that was tongue in cheek?!!)

As usual there is a lack of pertinent information we have to work with, my ESP is wearing thin!