Rookie Question: Save connection between PC/USB and 24V DC Outpu

Rene_AC

Joined Jan 25, 2018
Hey everyone,

sadly, i'm a total rookie, and have only very little knowledge about electronic hardware. I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, or my question just sounds stupid^^

To my problem:

Currently I'm using this mosfet board:

https://www.pollin.de/p/bausatz-mosfet-treiber-rb-8-8x100w-810403

To insulate my USB-Port / PC from the output 24V DC current.

My question here is: Is this the most safest/best solution for what i am doing or can i select another, safer circuit for my application?

For more details about my application i try to summarize the most important facts:

Via USB and a NI 6001 DAQ i can generate a 2,4 ~ 5 Volt signal to switch currently a mosfet board, switching the output site to a 24V DC current with 500 mA output at each channel (8 channels in total, summing up to 96 W)

The danger in the system is, that due to heating wires on the output site a 230 V short circuit could happen, and thus a save isolation between PC and output site has to be granted.

As I'm a total rookie in that field, i don't even know which keywords i have to look up to tackle my question^^

So, thank you in advance for your help and comments.

Best,

Rene

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
That board provides very reliable isolation between the inputs and outputs so, providing you keep the output wiring away from the input wiring and with absolutely no connection between the two, it will safely protect the DAQ/PC.