Robot frame with 2 motors to shovel snow, help.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The battery holds 240 W-h of total energy. That is approx. 1/3 of a horsepower at the 1C rate. My electric leaf blower has/uses four times more power.

ak

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I do not consider that a battery powered anything can do useful snow removal of any real quantity of snow.
A mains powered snow blower, which I have been given one to see if it could be repaired, is not adequate for any amount of snow greater than one inch accumulation. That unit was about 800 watts, and not self propelled. It had to be pushed very slowly into the snow on the ground. A robotic controller will need three axis of control: forward/ reverse, discharge direction. and stop/start/ revere, of the blower action. It will most probably need at least 400 watts of power for the forward reverse drive and 400 watts for the discharge direction, and at least 800 watts for the actual snow-throwing action. So mains power makes a lot of sense.
It might function adequately as a remote controlled robot, but for typical residential use the programming of automated operation will be a very big challenge.