Road Runner Construction Technique

Llamarama

Joined Feb 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've been getting more into logic lately and wanted to try the road runner wiring technique, essentially point to point with enamelled wire, where the wires are held in narrow combs. The manufacturer of them states they are to be glued to the base of a PCB with a fast acting contact adhesing. Can anyone suggest such an adhesive that's also available in the UK please?

Thanks in advance :)

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
There are plenty of contact adhesives available but you do need to wait for it to dry before pushing the parsts into place.
You could try superglue for a much quicker attachment but there are things it won't stick so experiment is necessary.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Double sided tape? Super glues today, or at least the ones sold in the US aren't very fast setting today, like the old time ones were. I use Loctite/Henkle brand and it needs to be held/clamped in position for a minute or so.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Can anyone suggest such an adhesive that's also available in the UK please?
I sent email to Roadrunner and they recommended Evostick. They said it takes time to fully set, but that allows you to move the strip in to position which isn't always possible on the first attempt.

EDIT: removed duplicate words

Since you're both in the UK, it should be something you can get locally.

Last edited:

Llamarama

Joined Feb 1, 2010
I sent email to Roadrunner and they recommended Evostick. They said it takes time to fully set, but that allows you to move the strip in to position which isn't always possible on the first attempt.

EDIT: removed duplicate words

Since you're both in the UK, it should be something you can get locally.
Perfect! I have a large tin of evostick at the moment :) Thanks everyone :)