RGB/AV/8 PIN/Sega Saturn to RCA?

Is this even possible?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no clue

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Starter

TheodorFritz

Joined Apr 29, 2017
4
Hey guys, so after many hours of trying to find any sort of help online in google pictures, i finally surrender and turn to you! :)
I have bought an old car dvd player thing. The plan was to connect a small camera with rca output to it, but the display unit has a rgb/av/sega connector, apparently the power goes through there too. I have no clue how to hook this up, ive bought two and ive already burnt one off, so if someone could help me i would be very happy! :) I will post some pictures aswell! Thanks in advance! ;)

2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg
 

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
2,678
Wow ! Coincidental coinciding in sort of the same coincidence.

Been trying to find a RGB LCD monitor for a long while; and gave up a few days ago. Ordered a composite input one instead and am building a circuit to convert the CGA that I want to display (RGB) signal to composite (RCA as you call it).

So two things...
- Get a chip AD724 to convert RGB to composite or
- Let's trade displays.;) Ooops... it may not work for me. I want only the display, not a DVD player :oops:

Checking your second and third pictures, unsure if what you have is already good for your camera. Seems "S video" input which is already sort of the composite (RCA) as you want, and conversion is very simple.

Possible goofing... Is what you are after RGB/AV/8 pin from RCA ?? instead of to RCA ? If yes, search for a composite-to-RGB adapter, unless your 8 pin input already accepts composite into one of the pins:
---> http://forum.wda-fr.org/download/file.php?id=1734
---> http://forum.wda-fr.org/download/file.php?id=1735
---> http://hitechretrojunkie.weebly.com/uploads/3/2/4/3/3243718/6343671.jpg?1364021468
 
Last edited:

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
4,544
Are you sure that the video connector on the DVD player is an input ? I think it is more likely to be an output to display the DVD playing on a large screen TV.

Les.
 

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
183
Hi,
DVD player is almost all output going to monitor(vga). Its a rare to have input in which to record the input .
What recording medium it will record the input if in any case is available.
Please counter check the back side of your dvd player. Or have it shoot a picture and show to us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top