RF Detector circuit design

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
1) Probably the sensitivity may be boosted organizing the proper biasing current via diode??
2) To not believe the datasheet is sth similar as not to believe the State Laws. The lost beliefs then may be found unexpectedly in the Court. This case, in the oscilloscope.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
The one I posted is really dang good. It's from a old book

I can tell when you talk on cellphone with played a little with some 433 transmitter a CB and some more gunk I hook it to DMM
set on 200 mV and it gives a output from 0 to 200
Some stuff would give a volt.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Circuit of Bertus looks fine, however in multi-GHz range the any inductor exposes more habits as capacitor nor a coil. Thus, probably, to produce the right coil is more science as thought initially

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

You probably need to purchase a chip made just for RF detection if you want to go up that high.
A slightly lower frequency example (10GHz i think) is the LTC5582.
LTC5596 (40GHz)

You have to remember at those frequencies the lumped circuit element simplification assumption is no longer valid and that means there is no such thing as a lone resistor anymore, resistors turn into RLC circuits and transmission lines and antennas and so do capacitors and inductors. The chips should help with that problem because for one their internal physical dimensions could be less than the wavelengths, something impossible to achieve with regular electronic components.

Last edited: