Revive Polk sound bar keys

jzhou002

Joined May 25, 2020
I try to reuse a Polk soundbar, its amplifier board is damaged. What I am trying to do is to reuse the power key on the soundbar to control the power on/off of the amplifier that I put in to replace the damaged one.
IMG_0838.JPG

the control panel on the soundbar box is shown above, it uses a 11 pin connector. Below are the pin on the original board. I hope someone could explain how to test the power key on/off. I am not going to use IR, only use the power key.
IMG_0807.JPG

Thank you very much.

I need some directions to get

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Y ou will need to use an ohm meter to determine which terminals connect to the power switch button contacts. But that is probably only a momentary action push-button that is only able to handle a very small current. So it may not be any use at all.

jzhou002

Joined May 25, 2020
Y ou will need to use an ohm meter to determine which terminals connect to the power switch button contacts. But that is probably only a momentary action push-button that is only able to handle a very small current. So it may not be any use at all.
You are right, I connect power to GND(-) and Key(+), then press Key_Power, I see the trace was deflected on a oscilloscope. the deflection did not stay on once I released the button. May be need a circuit of some sort. Thanks.

jzhou002

Joined May 25, 2020
You are right, I connect power to GND(-) and Key(+), then press Key_Power, I see the trace was deflected on a oscilloscope. the deflection did not stay on once I released the button. May be need a circuit of some sort. Thanks.
P.S. As for the pins as I know them, "Blue1/2" is for bluetooth, "red" is red LCD on when power plug is inserted, but the soundbar is off, "green" is on when power button is pressed, and 3.5mm jacket input in selected, "orange" is optic input selected. "key" seems linked to "source" (optic or 3.5mm jacket). "IR_MCU" is for IR sensor mcu pin.
The "blue""red""green""orange" share the same LCD, LCD color is determined by the "source" key.