Reverse Vending Machine; please help us :)

Kenneth Martinez

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hi! I'm a newbie here, can anyone help us with our Capstone project, it is a reverse vending machine that collects used papers and in return it will give coins to the customer. I don't know it's circuits and components and how the machine works internally. Can anyone help us here? Thank you so much :)

Kenneth Martinez

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hi! I'm a newbie here, can anyone help us with our Capstone project? We're just proposing 2 similar projects. First, it is a reverse vending machine that collects used "Plastic cans". Second, it is also a reverse vending machine but this time it collects used "Paper" and in return the customer has the choice on either on those two concepts to whether redeem the reward(coins) or donate it. I don't know it's circuits and components and how the machine works internally. We would just like to get an idea on those two concepts for us to know what we will officially use in our capstone project so we can defend and propose it to our professor asap. Can anyone help us here? Thank you so much :)

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It is unlikely that anyone on this forum will or should assist you. A capstone project is a senior design exercise which gives you the opportunity to demonstrate and put into practice everything that you have learned in your previous years.

This is your project to showcase your knowledge. If you cannot rise to the task then you do not deserve to graduate.

Kenneth Martinez

Joined Jan 15, 2015
No, I'm just a junior student and it is our first thesis proposal. Yeah I know that but our professor said that we should call it a Capstone project rather than thesis because we will just improve or develop an existing thesis (project). So im just asking a little idea because it's our first time as a Junior. We're planning to develop an existing reverse vending machine but we still cant decide so were asking for an idea.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Divide and conquer. Your machine will require a number of unit operations such as making change, detecting cans, and so on. You need to solve each of these.