Hi all!
I've started playing with diodes for the first time but I've run into a little problem. I'm currently attempting to plot the V-I characteristics of a 1N4004 silicon diode using a approximation of Shockley's equation namely:
where \({V}D\) is the operating voltage of the diode and I is the operating current.
\({I}s\) is the reverse saturation voltage from what I've read but I have no idea where to find this value for the 1N4004.
Is the reverse saturation current something that is known or is it a dynamic value that will have to be independently calculated?
Thanks all in advance for any input as I'm really confused at the moment.
I've started playing with diodes for the first time but I've run into a little problem. I'm currently attempting to plot the V-I characteristics of a 1N4004 silicon diode using a approximation of Shockley's equation namely:
I ≈ (\({I}s\))(\(e^{40*{V}D}\))
where \({V}D\) is the operating voltage of the diode and I is the operating current.
\({I}s\) is the reverse saturation voltage from what I've read but I have no idea where to find this value for the 1N4004.
Is the reverse saturation current something that is known or is it a dynamic value that will have to be independently calculated?
Thanks all in advance for any input as I'm really confused at the moment.