RESOURCE: Capacitance

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Tis is a US Navy training film produced in 1943 describing capacitance and the behavior of capacitors in DC and AC circuits. It's simplified approach makes some things much more clear than more complicated explanations, including the "DC blocking" effect of capacitors versus passing AC.

Highly recommended.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
This video starts with a discussion of Ohm's law. It actually seems to be quite good.
I really like the level of the explanation. It makes some things more clear even if they are not taking some details into account, it helps with ways of thinking about it.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Tis is a US Navy training film produced in 1943 describing capacitance and the behavior of capacitors in DC and AC circuits. It's simplified approach makes some things much more clear than more complicated explanations, including the "DC blocking" effect of capacitors versus passing AC.

Highly recommended.

I saw that a few days ago. The guy doing the narration was an old school Radioman (Maintenanceman/Repairman) like I was about 30 years after the video was made. They taught the lessons using electron flow instead of conventional current.

Most of the job specialties of the Navy Radioman

Communications Systems Manager ...• .••.••.......• RM-2313
Communication System Technical Operator ....•.• •••..•.•.•. RM-2318
Communication System Technical Supervisor ......• •.•.• .••.. RM-2319
Cryptographic Machines Repairman ..... •..••...••. RM-2314
Cryptographic Machines (Automatic Off-Line Equipment) Repairman ..• . • • . •••.•..•. RM-2315
Enlisted Frequency Manager ..... RM-2301
High Speed Radio Operator •.. .•. RM-2303
Intermediate Radio Operator •.... RM-2304
Low-Level Keying Teletype Repairman .•..••.....•.... RM-2346
Radio Equipment {Submarine) Maintenanceman .......•. .•• RM-2333
Radio Maintenanceman .•.... .•. RM-2312
Satellite Communication Terminal Operator ...• •.•.•.•....• • RM-2305
Special Fixed Communication System Operator ..• .•.....•. RM-2393
Teletype Repairmen •.•........ 2342-2345
(AN/UGC-20/25) Repairman •• RM-2345
Teletype (Mod 28, UGC-6 and UGC-20} Repairman ... .•. RM-2342
Tropo-Scatter Equipment Operator .... .... .•...•••• RM-2393