Resistors in Parallel Questions

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
And, again, what does than mean?!? You’re quoting numbers without demonstrating any understanding. Get into practice of completing the problem.

Otherwise, yup, I agree that 2.376 to two significant digits is 2.4. Why should I care?

I have a math, science and engineering background. In school, I had to a) track units, b) understand how when I made calculations what information is data and what is “noise” (meaningless numbers) and finally, how to communicate the meaning of any number I calculated to the professor. Otherwise, my grade was a big, fat zero. Meaning I would fail.

rdb1

Joined Feb 6, 2019
And, again, what does than mean?!? You’re quoting numbers without demonstrating any understanding. Get into practice of completing the problem.

Otherwise, yup, I agree that 2.376 to two significant digits is 2.4. Why should I care?

I have a math, science and engineering background. In school, I had to a) track units, b) understand how when I made calculations what information is data and what is “noise” (meaningless numbers) and finally, how to communicate the meaning of any number I calculated to the professor. Otherwise, my grade was a big, fat zero. Meaning I would fail.
It’s the same as the supply voltage. We can calculate the resistance total which to two significant numbers is 2.4 volts. We also know that this is the supply voltage which proves the point of in a parallel circuit the voltage is the same.