Resistor Association Circuit

Vinetou

Joined Sep 5, 2014
Hi, guys.... I got stuck in this question about resistor assciation. I put this circuit into Multisim and got all the voltages and currents, but I´d like to know how to calculate them. I have found out how to calculate the values of voltage (V) and current (I) over the resistors R1, R2 and R3. The crux of the matter now is how to calculate V and I over the R5. Knowing that and the rest (R4 and R6) would be a piece of cake. Attached are two PDF files: one has the circuit and the other has my caculations for R1, R2 and R3. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

JoyAm

Joined Aug 21, 2014
Hello there,
1)I dont understand the language you use on your first attachment
2)try to not make us download stuff, upload them and send us the link instead
3) as about your solution i would suggest you to make a transformation from Δ to Y
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-Δ_transform
that will make your ciruit very simple to solve i think, try it yourself and give feedback :)

Vinetou

Joined Sep 5, 2014
Thanks to your tip Joyam I have found the answers to this circuit. There were two minor mistakes in the circuit I posted. The errors were on the voltage and current over the resistors R2 and R3. Attached is the circuit with the correct values and the complete resolution. PS. Sorry, but I don´t know how to post just a link.

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Links can change. Posting a file here is for the duration

Graphics uploaded to this site are welcome.

Pdfs uploaded to this site are welcome. You can view either without downloading them.

Last edited:

JoyAm

Joined Aug 21, 2014
Thanks to your tip Joyam I have found the answers to this circuit. There were two minor mistakes in the circuit I posted. The errors were on the voltage and current over the resistors R2 and R3. Attached is the circuit with the correct values and the complete resolution. PS. Sorry, but I don´t know how to post just a link.
Good job :)
p.s you have a nice handwriting