Replace STV9379 with STV9302A?

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
That will depend on the specific application.
Do You have a complete and detailed Schematic for your Circuit ?
Please attach it.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I personally, am not qualified to make any kind of recommendation for a project of this type.

This project may involve a lot of Money, and Time, and frustration, and then it may not work at all.

There may be others on this Forum that can be of more assistance,
but You may have to wait until this Thread is noticed by them.

Good Luck.

spikespiegelbebop

Joined Nov 30, 2021
I personally, am not qualified to make any kind of recommendation for a project of this type.

This project may involve a lot of Money, and Time, and frustration, and then it may not work at all.

There may be others on this Forum that can be of more assistance,
but You may have to wait until this Thread is noticed by them.

Good Luck.
This is an analog device, I posted in the analog devices category, I don't know why the admin moved it. It's not a project, I'm just trying to fix this TV, thus that's why I'm asking if that IC can be replaced by the other one, since their values are too close.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The critical difference is on this line:

Power Supplies42 V32 V

The old part is 42V, the new 32V. The schematic seems to indicate the original is getting a VCC of 13V which is well below either of those numbers. According to the datasheet, the minimum is 10V.

This all suggests but doesn’t guarantee it will work.

spikespiegelbebop

Joined Nov 30, 2021
The critical difference is on this line:

Power Supplies42 V32 V

The old part is 42V, the new 32V. The schematic seems to indicate the original is getting a VCC of 13V which is well below either of those numbers. According to the datasheet, the minimum is 10V.

This all suggests but doesn’t guarantee it will work.
So it won't go above 13volts, right?

"This all suggests but doesn’t guarantee it will work."

You mean it because of the voltage or the rest of the aspects?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
So it won't go above 13volts, right?

"This all suggests but doesn’t guarantee it will work."

You mean it because of the voltage or the rest of the aspects?
The schematic shows a test point voltage of 13V on the VCC line, this probably means it is being supplied 12V—particularly with the 10V lower limit.

What I mean is, I am relying on the documentation presented which all seems to say things should work, but since I don’t know what I might be missing, I can only say “seems to”.