Replace 3 AA batteries by a rechargeable pack

dude1

Joined Jan 30, 2018
I have the drone remote visible on the picture.
It takes 3 AA batteries in inverted position.
What I would like to know is how I could replicate this, whether it's 1.5V parallel or 4.5V serial, with a rechargeable battery pack, even if it's not very ergonomic and/or requires some soldering.
I'm not very comfortable with the concept of disposable pieces or mercury and other nasty stuff in general.
I haven't found any 4.5V rechargeable battery pack online.

Thanks

Attachments

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
As a very rare thingy but exists a rechargeable AA and AAA elements on the good shops, having 1,5 Volts.
Any Li-ion has 3,7 Volts so You cant use them, and any NiCd has 1,2 Volts so 3,6 is too small but for 4,8 Volts is too risky to overstep the 5,0 means burns all off.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Although 3 alkaline cells in series would give you a nominal 4.5V initially, the voltage would soon drop with use and be comparable to 3 NiMH cells. There are plenty of online sources showing typical discharge curves for both types of cell.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
As a very rare thingy but exists a rechargeable AA and AAA elements on the good shops, having 1,5 Volts.
Any Li-ion has 3,7 Volts so You cant use them, and any NiCd has 1,2 Volts so 3,6 is too small but for 4,8 Volts is too risky to overstep the 5,0 means burns all off.
A Shottky diode in series with 4.8V would get it pretty close.