Repair thermoelectric wine cooler

chakat

Joined Oct 18, 2020
does anyone know where i could get a new board somewhere or do i have to build an entire board? also just curious since i am new, is there a way to increase the temperature to 70 degrees for my red wine? got brand called witches brew and it tastes perfect around the 70-75 degree range. so i was not sure if that would be something i would have to rip apart the door to change or its actually on the circuit board in the back. anything helpful would be great.

on a side note, when the unit becomes unpowered for a while, and plugged back in ~ cleaning purposes~ i noticed that there is like a electrical arc thing happening on the circuit board with the red light. like its shooting an electical arc inside the little red light. after a while of it being plugged in, it somehow decides to turn itself on and function normally until the next cleaning or a power outage. so i was wondering if there was something that someone may know what to look for.

i just dabble in this stuff, never really worked on circuit boards unless i was changing out a speaker for a kenwood radio. diagrams and for "the stupid" simple explination would be excellent. please and thank you.

chakat

Joined Oct 18, 2020
so here is the set up and im trying to find how to increase the temperature range on the board that goes inside the door... unless it doesn't have that option... i dunno

20201018_090826.jpgon the door insert for temp and light20201018_020828.jpg
circuit board hidden in the back behind the panel
20201018_020821.jpgfull view of circuit board

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Here's one...of many versions..

NTC-Thermistors-Sensor-Assembly.jpg

To get it to go warmer you need a higher resistance, this will fool the micro thinking its colder and will stop chilling ..

chakat

Joined Oct 18, 2020
Ok, so a resistor... solder that in line with the thermoresistor or just get one that's a bit higher? So that temp thing is solved....do you have any ideas as whats wrong with the main board with the start up issue? Maybe a capacitor or something? There is a buzz... electrical arc sound (and the red light quickly flashes as if it gaining and suddenly losing power) emitting from the red light beside the green one when i plug it in for about a minute before the fans click on and the peltier starts working. All the caps look fine... no bulges or leaks. So I was thinking that may be the issue but I'm not sure if caps still die without any physical damage to them and how do I go about checking those if that may be one of the issue?