Repair or hack pro-form Tour de France exercise bike.

ericspetersen

Joined Jan 2, 2022
Hello,
I have a Pro-Form Le Tour de France exercise bike. The console buttons have stopped working, and I have been unable to diagnose the issue. The console button matrix is decoded through a pair of hc165 parallel to serial shift registers. It appears that the clock input to these devices is only about 75mV. The clock signal comes from a Renasas R5F212DASNFP MCU. If I can't fix the console, my backup plan is to replace the console with a raspberry pi. Does anybody have any info on the interface to the control board? It needs to control the incline and the magnetic resistance of the flywheel.

kilomotor

Joined Jan 17, 2022
I have a proform too. So far all controls work but I'd be interest in adding an Rpi to handle the controls and broadcast power via Ant+ to interact with 3rd party training software. I will start poking around inside to see what I can find and report back.

ericspetersen

Joined Jan 2, 2022
I have a proform too. So far all controls work but I'd be interest in adding an Rpi to handle the controls and broadcast power via Ant+ to interact with 3rd party training software. I will start poking around inside to see what I can find and report back.
Thanks kilomotor,
I would be very interested in the signals generated to the lower control board when you change the incline or shift the gears while in manual mode.

Hi - any assistance appreciated. I have a Proform Tour de France PFEVEX71516. After being switched off for 2 years the screen rolls between white and striped. It briefly loaded the software but now just loops. When first switched on it makes the start up noise.