Remote controller IC programming (For Exemple: AD009)

Bomsem

Joined Dec 22, 2020
Hi everyone;

I would like to make a remote control. I found this exemple of IC controller AD009-08L as shown in the picture. But I'm searching during days and days but still didn't find a solution how to program this IC.
Can anyone help me how to program this IC ? What is the programmator used (Hardware) ? What is the user interface ? ... ?

If you know other remote control ICs and you know how to program them that's welcome also ;).

20201216_095451.jpg

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
It is possible that those chips are not re-programmable. What is your goal? Are you trying to repurpose a remote control for something else? If you just want to know how the code works, there are surely multiple remote control projects for Arduino out there, including code to learn signals from existing remotes and replay them. There is also code for grid type button arrays. I would bet $1 there are similar projects for Pic, Arm and many other platforms as well, probably in multiple languages including assembler.

Bomsem

Joined Dec 22, 2020

Bomsem

Joined Dec 22, 2020
It is possible that those chips are not re-programmable. What is your goal? Are you trying to repurpose a remote control for something else? If you just want to know how the code works, there are surely multiple remote control projects for Arduino out there, including code to learn signals from existing remotes and replay them. There is also code for grid type button arrays. I would bet $1 there are similar projects for Pic, Arm and many other platforms as well, probably in multiple languages including assembler.
I guess it is not re-programmable but it is an OTP (One Time Programmable), so at least it is programmable once :D .
Not I'm not intending to read remote control codes. As you said there many projects with Arduino to read remote control codes. I'm actually looking for to program an empty IC and make the remote adapted with the TV.
So my imagination is as follow: Read the codes and then program the IC with the suitable codes and right pins configuration, ...
That's it ;)

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The chip is actually an MCU, you would need to have a program just like a PIC or AVR MCU. You’d be better off using one of those that have robust development tools available for free.

Edit: You would need to add a MOSFET to drive the LED.

Bob

ybayeux

Joined Jul 21, 2021
Hi everyone;

I would like to make a remote control. I found this exemple of IC controller AD009-08L as shown in the picture. But I'm searching during days and days but still didn't find a solution how to program this IC.
Can anyone help me how to program this IC ? What is the programmator used (Hardware) ? What is the user interface ? ... ?

If you know other remote control ICs and you know how to program them that's welcome also ;).

View attachment 225607
I have looking for make the same project. Nothing found yet. If I found something I will let you know