Recurrent sound heard in a PC, every time audio is required.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I don't know how to identify the reason of a recurrent sound in my brother's PC which shows up whenever any application requiring audio is opened (Windows 10).

He sent me the attached archive (via Whattsapp). I added the extension .txt to upload it here.

The repetitive tone you can hear at the beginning is the problem. (Later his voice; not needed to understand what he says).

He is, BTW, the guy who creates those so beautiful pictures I posted in the past.

Attachments

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
I didn't try listening to that sound file, but PCs have a lousy little speaker that makes that "beep" during power-on, a relic of the original PC hardware of 40 years ago. This is completely separate from the motherboard audio or add-on sound device (PCI or USB) which are capable of playing near-CD quality audio (if not better). If the driver for the latter audio device has a problem, Windows might default to making that beep instead. Take a look at "Device Manager" or whatever it's called in Windows 10, and double-click "Sound, video and game controllers"; maybe there's something there with a warning symbol next to it. Another possibility is that the device has been disabled in the "Sound" setting from the "Control Panel" (maybe because someone was using a USB headset for chatting and needed to disable the speakers?).

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I didn't try listening to that sound file, but PCs have a lousy little speaker that makes that "beep" during power-on, a relic of the original PC hardware of 40 years ago. This is completely separate from the motherboard audio or add-on sound device (PCI or USB) which are capable of playing near-CD quality audio (if not better). If the driver for the latter audio device has a problem, Windows might default to making that beep instead. Take a look at "Device Manager" or whatever it's called in Windows 10, and double-click "Sound, video and game controllers"; maybe there's something there with a warning symbol next to it. Another possibility is that the device has been disabled in the "Sound" setting from the "Control Panel" (maybe because someone was using a USB headset for chatting and needed to disable the speakers?).
Will pass your suggestions. Gracias.