Recover deleted worksheet in Excel

lorein

Joined Jun 23, 2015
Hii everyone! I’ve got a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong Excel files, and now I need to recover them. But I have no idea how to do it? I’ve tried everything I know. Maybe anyone of you knows some programs or tools, which can help me?

My brother will be shocked when he learns that I deleted his reports.

Please help me to recover deleted Excel workbook..!!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Unless the files were large, they should be in the Recycle Bin. That features was in WinXP and all versions after that.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The absolute worst case scenario is that the file is truly trashed and no temporary files remain on disk. And you have no backup (that's on YOU).

Even in this worst case, a file recovery tool can scan your drive for data that looks like Excel files and there's a good chance the file has not yet been written over and can be recovered. The process is a big pain and it might be easier to re-write the report. But it's an option.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
My daughter's boyfriend, recovered a huge amount of files she forgot in a laptop given as a present to someone. He used Recuva and was quite pleased with the results. Free download.
That's right. Nothing is erased, until it is overwritten when space is needed. Years ago, I had a disk failure and got something like "PC Medic" to recover lost files. I was amazed at the stuff that was there, and that was in the days of <10 GB hard drives.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
My daughter's boyfriend, recovered a huge amount of files she forgot in a laptop given as a present to someone. He used Recuva and was quite pleased with the results. Free download.
Recuva does work pretty decent and is easy to use. Probably your best chance.