Recommendations for free Electrical CAD software

NPN-1

Joined Mar 11, 2016
There are excellent softwares for electronic PCB designing and schematic generation, like KiCAD and EagleCAD. I need however to do some Electrical designing, including motors, lights, relays, breakers and so on. AutoCAD Electrical sounds and looks good, but it is expensive and I am not so interested in the student version. Are there any free decent Electrical CAD softwares out there that could help me?

Also it would be helpful if someone could suggest software that could help me simulate electrical circuits having motors, lights, relays etc. Traditional Spice software is not particularly good with those kind of things, or I may not know how to use them in that way

Last edited:
There are excellent softwares for electronic PCB designing and schematic generation, like KiCAD and EagleCAD. I need however to do some Electrical designing, including motors, lights, relays, breakers and so on. AutoCAD Electrical sounds and looks good, but it is expensive and I am not so interested in the student version. Are there any free decent Electrical CAD softwares out there that could help me?

Also it would be helpful if someone could suggest software that could help me simulate electrical circuits having motors, lights, relays etc. Traditional Spice software is not particularly good with those kind of things, or I may not know how to use them in that way
cofaso eSchematic from cofaso Software, watch the video
Very good software
Regards