RECEIVING THE BINARY CODE FROM THE DEVICE

switzer

Joined Sep 15, 2021
Hi, My question concerns induction cooker: Could anyone help me please to find out how could I read the binary code which sends the signal from one microcontroller to another after klicking ON/OFF ( +/-) keypad? On the motherboard there is the microcontroller HIGHWAY 09A C001J0005GY and on the control panel HIGHWAY-C210F01 C034K00EPG2 Is it possible to do it using interface UART?... or is there any other possibility? Please find below the pictures and description.

Attachments

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
A quick search pulled up this mostly... https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/hacking-the-ikea-2kw-induction-stove/ Unfortunately the person never made it to figure out much on the controller side of things.

I did a quick search and after two pages there was no datasheet listed. If there was one available it should have showed up. I would guess it's meant more for proprietary designs than general electronics and most information is kept hidden.

On top of that there probably is some sort of code protection that won't allow you to read the code anyways even if you were able to figure out how to communicate with it. They don't want you to steal their program.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A quick search pulled up this mostly... https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/hacking-the-ikea-2kw-induction-stove/ Unfortunately the person never made it to figure out much on the controller side of things.

I did a quick search and after two pages there was no datasheet listed. If there was one available it should have showed up. I would guess it's meant more for proprietary designs than general electronics and most information is kept hidden.

On top of that there probably is some sort of code protection that won't allow you to read the code anyways even if you were able to figure out how to communicate with it. They don't want you to steal their program.
That is certainly what I would do if this was my product. It is what I did with all of the products that I designed. Make it as difficult as possible to copy and/or understand. I was never in the education business until I retired.