reassemble old receiver

amitke

Joined May 12, 2020
hi,I have no knowledge of electronics at all and, I need a bit of help with a really old receiver, that had many features that I didn't need(like cd support) and I decided to reassemble it to a smaller box.after removing every part of it that was obvious that unneeded I got stuck with a still 2 big PCBs.
and it not only big it should be connected in a 90 degrees angle.

before taking apart:
beforeTakingApart.jpeg
my questions is:
can someone please help me and tell me if I can cut the PCB in the middle? in the blue is the cd controller buttons and I removed all the CDs parts.
unneededPart.jpeg

The other thing and is more important to me is which cable I need to buy that will let me place the two PCB in a smaller angle.

the pictures of the connector and the PCBs:
x.jpeg

inside.jpeg
a look from inside:

connectorCN601.jpeg
side 1 of the connector with "cn601" is written on it:

connectorcn101.jpeg
side 2 of the connector with "cn101" is written on it:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

No. You cannot cut the PCB indiscriminately without carefully examining what copper traces will be cut.
How would you know if you are not removing a connection or circuit that is essential to the operation of the remaining part of the receiver?

amitke

Joined May 12, 2020
Welcome to AAC!

No. You cannot cut the PCB indiscriminately without carefully examining what copper traces will be cut.
How would you know if you are not removing a connection or circuit that is essential to the operation of the remaining part of the receiver?
Thank you, Yes that's what I thought.

Someone know anything about the cable I need?
The connector I have looks like half a SCART socket