Really the Titanic?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Sort of an odd conspiracy theory. I mean, who cares what the ship's name was? The sinking of Titanic is legendary because of who was on board, not because of the name. I don't know much about JP Morgan but to believe this story we have to accept that he was a premeditated mass murderer willing to sink his own boat to collect on an insurance claim. Riiiight. o_O

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Sort of an odd conspiracy theory. I mean, who cares what the ship's name was? The sinking of Titanic is legendary because of who was on board, not because of the name. I don't know much about JP Morgan but to believe this story we have to accept that he was a premeditated mass murderer willing to sink his own boat to collect on an insurance claim. Riiiight. o_O
The Olympic was damaged. Probably not even seaworthy even though she sailed. This would be like you having an accident while under the influence of controlled substances so the insurance company refuses to pay. So you slap a couple of fenders on the car and swap the VIN with the exact duplicate you own. Have the wrecked car "stolen" and claim for the full amount of a undamaged car. That would be fraud.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The Olympic was damaged. Probably not even seaworthy even though she sailed. This would be like you having an accident while under the influence of controlled substances so the insurance company refuses to pay. So you slap a couple of fenders on the car and swap the VIN with the exact duplicate you own. Have the wrecked car "stolen" and claim for the full amount of a undamaged car. That would be fraud.
Yeah, and rich megalomaniacs people don't manipulate "the system" and don't view their employees and the general public as pawns as they attempt to dominate the world. As conspiracies go, this one is no less believable than any other outlandish conspiracy.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There are parts of the Olympic (allegedly the Titanic) sold off all over England. I bet this guy has some, and hopes to make it more valuable by "upgrading" it. But frankly I don't think it would be worth any more because of the name. Oddly, the value would come from having been on the bottom of the ocean.